On an early morning drive to the airport, roughly 36 kms of thinking time, I realized the following:
1. Robert Palmer is very repetitive. And annoying. Addicted to Love is getting deleted from the playlist.
2. Morons, the real ones, are very consistent. Moronic all the time. All days of the week. Never take a break; on weekends either. Even God rested on the 7th Day. Or so sayeth the Bible.
3. Lady Gaga is ok driving music. In fact she’s okay provided you don’t get the visuals of the skycraper heels and body paint that would give Jackson Pollock nightmares.
4. Bollywood songs, especially the party numbers are good company on a drive irrespective of the time of day.
5. If you don’t have a flask of coffee riding shotgun, the sound of James Hetfield’s voice works well too.
6. Even if you try to tiptoe past a sleeping family on your way out the house, your slippers will squelch.
7. There are very few things as lovely as a sunrise. Each one makes you want to stop whatever you’re doing and just watch it happen.
8. Morons have special categories. The Honkers will honk even if there are miles of open road just to get the satisfaction of you giving way to them.
9. If you go to an airport or a railway station, you will feel like making a journey.
10. You can’t help but groove, move or headbang to funky tracks.
11. Sundays go by pretty quick so you hurry home and back to bed.