Compared to other years, I’ve actually gone out and watched quite a few movies in 2014. My quite a few might be still a pitiful number but I was averaging one movie a year after MLM was born so anything that takes me beyond that number is just dandy!
I downloaded (ahem ahem) quite a few recent movies as well in the past year and rather enjoyed some of them while others were in the watch’em-delete’em category.
Some of the stuff that stayed with me from 2014 were:
- Gone Girl
- Captain America : The Winter Soldier (purely the thrill factors and special effects)
I wasn’t too impressed with How To Train Your Dragon-2 barring the new dragons they introduced. I didn’t see why Stoick had to be killed off. But Toothless as the alpha was a bit over the top for me. Still…dragons, fire, flying..what’s not to enjoy?
Incidentally I watched about 5-6 movies in the theaters this time around so half the fun was that. Plus the nachos and the popcorn…leave it. Am a hog.
The stuff that was a strictly one-time watch were:
- 22 Jump Street (did not understand how this got good reviews).
- Guardians of the Galaxy (the retro soundtrack made me nostalgic)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (enough already with the franchise!)
- The Other Woman (not very funny…not really funny at all)
- Frozen (somehow the hype made it less interesting for me but gotta love ‘Let It Go!)
- Sex Tape (watched it halfway before the brat woke up but didn’t find it engaging enough to come back and watch it till the end)
- Annabelle (boring!)
I still have atleast another 10-12 more to go and we’re round it off by watching Paddington today at the theater (first movie out in 2015…yay!).
Be as all this may, I think 2014 is one of those years where they have made extremely diverse movies and some truly excellent ones at that. Hollywood doesn’t let the grass grow under its feet but the amazing range of 2014 has been one its best so far.
Do you agree?
Happy Viewing all 🙂