Back in the day when the word ‘meme’ was still gaining traction, I had NO clue what it actually was. And for a person like me to admit that is HUGE. I think Red (the Lord&Master, for the uninitiated) will do a happy dance just reading this bit. Anyhoo, when I came across ‘meme’ I used to pronounce is as ‘mee-mee’ and thought it meant stuff that people wrote about themselves ergo the ‘me’ part being fulfilled. #bigtimefacepalm
Later on when I got wise to the notion and most importantly, the pronunciation, I changed tracks and stopped me-meing all over my erstwhile blog. But while I was still headed the wrong way, I wrote this post and I still kind of like it so am reposting it here. Oh naiveté…
- I love my time alone at home. Well am technically not alone. But in a way I am. Booga Booga Booga!
- I love making up silly songs for my kid. Most of them are recycled tunes but the words are FRESHAA!
- My ideal job would be where someone paid me to read the books that I want.
- I love bean bags.
- There’s no food like Chinese food. Even the kind the street vendor sells.
- I always apologize to my kid (when he’s asleep) for having yelled at him or spanked his bum.
- I am inherently lazy. I act busy to confuse others 🙂
- If I could, I would travel and read all my life long.
- I am getting addicted to online shopping. Or for now, online cart-filling.
- I buy bubble wands et al saying it’s for my kid, but I’m the one blowing bubbles all day long 🙂
- I am a bit of a snob for brands but it’s under control now. I think. I hope. Erm…not really.
- AND…I am narcissistic enough to go back and re-read this meme even after I post it here and cross-post it on FB and Twitter 🙂
Am very happy that the written word endures and because of it I was able to picture myself smooshed into a beanbag and tapping this out 8 1/2 years ago when life largely consisted of running behind a kid and wiping his butt half a dozen times a day and blowing raspberries on his tummy whenever I could.
*heaves a sigh for the good old days*