- You find toothpaste on the ceiling of your bathroom/top of the shower cubicle and pretty much everywhere but on the toothbrush.
- You see animal figurines appearing in laundry baskets, inners, the fridge and also the vegetable baskets.
- The little hooman hides the remote in his school backpack as payback for switching the telly off.
- There’s a T-Rex silhouette behind the glass in a dark bathroom where you lit tealight candles.
- There food’s on the table, it gets eaten, leftovers get put away and suddenly the cries of “I’m hungry” echo throughout the house.
- You go to the loo to do your business and there’s a persistent knocking on the door and questions of what you’re doing, how long you’ll be and why you went in there start raining down.
- The little hoomans look at you and all they can say is Netflix/chips/buy me top-ups for games.
- The moment you think, “Ah! some peace and quiet” a little voice pipes up, “Wotchu doing Ayu? Can I do it with you?”
Despite all my gripes, and there are many I agree; I want to reiterate that there are mothers out there who proudly proclaim that their little angels are the best thing to grace this planet since the discovery of coffee. To them I say, “liar liar pants on fire!”